Bali 10s 2009
This is definitely the most luxurious tour on the Asian circuit.....Add a plush resort for accommodation and what can you complain about.
Well the English and Welsh still complained, the Yanks wouldn't shut up, the French actually drank and the Australian had to put up with them all......So a tour of norms and a tour of firsts.
Very tough competition, with the bare 10 players, we were very grateful for the help of the University of WA, The Bush Turkeys, a man named Maxi and a couple of random Aussies on Holiday for a wedding.
Finished 15th overall (will not mention that there were only 16 teams and 1 team forfeited the tournament!)
Some interesting facts:
- Was a pleasure to snort Tequila again
- Even with the quality competition we acquitted ourselves quite well and were never embarrassed.....We held the Cup finalists (the Cobras) to 5-0 in the first half and only lost 19-0 in our pool game.....Something that the Cup semi-finalists could not manage.
- First tour ever that more time was spent in a pool than on the rugby field.....Got to love Bali.
- Frankie met his match in the shape (very big shape) of a man named "Grub" from the Bush Turkeys from the Northern Territory in Oz.
- Stayed in Golf resort and no one actually got to set foot upon it ( I think a frenchman hanging a sh*t on the green one night was prob the closest)
- Last night out in Kuta was a cracker only 3 made it out, a good premise for a joke "An Australian, an Englishman and a Frenchman walked into a bar........"
- Next time an American grabs the mic from the lead singer of a band ....... make sure the cameras are out....In consecutive nights they sang fantastically (some french song and The Lion Kings "Can you feel the love tonight").....
- Erricker got knocked the f*%k out by his wife......Katie should be the one fighting at hedgefund fight night!!
- All Americans snore very loudly
- Starting to think the "Jesus Can't Play Rugby" song may offend some people.
- Moped riding was a experience.......
- Thomas D was our player of the tournament with honourable mentions to Erricker and Olly (and the UWA boys!).....Fabien would have got a mention but he was penalised for not drop kicking a 22 restart (fined accordingly).
That's all that will be disclosed......From all reports, not a bad tour.......